1. Work on remembering peoples’ names.
2. Make an effort to stay in touch with people – even if it’s only “liking” an occasional photo on facebook, sending a 2 line email, or sending a Christmas card.
3. Develop and improve your listening skills. This includes not interrupting when others are speaking, not trying to control the conversation, and showing a respectful, genuine interest in the speaker.
4. Hold the door for others, and let others out first (in elevators, on trains and buses etc.)
5. When you’re writing an email, keep it brief and to the point. Nobody wants to read a long, boring essay.